Hey gang, generally if I take a step back here from esoteric programming languages or video game gripes, it’s to cry through my fists at the regressions this administration is landing upon LGBTQ+ folks. Which, more of that seems to be happening this week, so that’s something; please hug your queer friends & if you’re queer hug yourself. But, in case you somehow missed it, the reproductive freedom and bodily autonomy of folks with uteri is being rapidly destroyed. This is, in two words, fucking abhorrent.
So I’m doing this thing again where, paralyzed by the news I am unable to write anything regardless, I use this space to beg you to throw a couple of bucks to some folks who need it. Like…
- If/When/How Reproductive Helpline is there to answer legal questions about one’s rights concerning abortions.
- The Yellowhammer Fund is a member of the National Network of Abortion Funds that provides funding for folks who need it in Alabama.
- Access Reproductive Care – Southeast does the same for both Alabama and Georgia as well as Florida, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
- New Orleans Abortion Fund, likewise for Louisiana.
- Women Have Options, likewise for Ohio.
- Jackson Women’s Health Organization is the only abortion clinic in Mississippi.
- Kentucky Health Justice Network is a Kentuckian group working for reproductive justice in that state.
Stay strong. Stay angry.